Yoga Gem is located on Carmichael Road between Perry Hill and Eastern Boulevard in the Carmichael Place Business Center.
Yoga Gem wants you to come with the body you have. We are committed to making yoga accessible to anyone who wish to take classes. The studio is accessible for those who use assistive devices such as canes and walkers. The bathrooms and doorways are complaint with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). There are ADA marked parking places for those who need a cub cut, and other parking close to the door.
Please scroll down for more information about Yoga Gem, including FAQ
Get in touch with Yoga Gem
About Yoga Gem
Yoga Gem was established in 2013 to deliver excellent yoga at value pricing to all students, regardless of experience level or body type.Classes are leveled to gently encourage beginning students and to challenge and cultivate the practice of more seasoned yoga practitioners. If you are unsure of the best entry point for you call us at 334 202 2305 for recommendations.Classes are filled with students of all ages and body types working to feel better and to be healthier. The teachers and students at Yoga Gem mindfully work to create an environment that is welcoming to everyone. Click here to see the full class schedule and class descriptions. You may schedule on line, or simply drop by for a class. As always, come with the body you have.Learn more about our classes HERE.
FAQ about attending yoga Gem
What do I need to know about practicing yoga at Yoga Gem:
- What do I wear?
- Comfortable clothes that don’t ride up or down
- Shoes and socks are removed upon entering the studio
- Do not wear perfume, cologne, scented lotions
- What is the class like?
- Every teacher is different, but you can expect a “quieting breathe and centering” at the beginning of class progressing to yoga poses. Starting with gentle warm-ups poses and progressing to a peak, and then cooling back down. Classes end with a final relaxation pose called savasana.
- Should I eat before coming?
- It is recommended you eat 2-3 hours before yoga so the belly is empty. Yoga requires work that can upset digestion if the belly is full.
- What if my cell phone rings?
- Place your phone on silence please, this gives the entire class the luxury of unplugging from the electronic world for an hour
- What should I bring?
- Beginners mind-Yoga is your own experience, so come without expectations
- Water not needed
- Towel not needed
- Mats and props are available at the studio
- How do I pay?
- Cash, check, credit and debit cards are taken. Pay on line or at the studio
- Yoga Gem requires a 5 week/$70 commitment for Beginning Yoga Classes. This creates space for beginning students to gently grow into a yoga practice.
- Once you have completed Beginning Yoga, you can sign up for any ‘all level” or “level 1” classes you wish to attend
- You may use any of the payment plans
- 5 Class Pass=$70
- 1 Drop-in Class=$18
- 30 Days of Unlimited Yoga Classes=$95
- Lunchtime Yoga Pass=30 days of Lunchtime Yoga ONLY=$80
- Contracts or automatic payments are not required for any payment plan at Yoga Gem.
- What if I am late?
- Yoga is a discipline, and those who arrive on time can settle into their bodies to begin a centered and calming practice
- We recommend you arrive 10 minutes early, set up your mat and props so you are ready to begin on time.
- If you are late one or two times, come in QUIETLY and SLOWLY and join the class
- If lateness is a habit, your teacher may say something to you after class about arriving on time